Sunday, February 21, 2010

FINALLY I HAVE DESCRIBED PART III OF WRITESPEAK!

And I did it the only way I ever do anything useful: by being asked to explain it by a real person. I was way too busy to do this, but there's one thing I almost always brake for: a question. From a human. (Not from a company. Not so enthused about those.)

So, just in case you're a grad of a WriteSpeak Retreat (so far no one else is eligible to sign up for Part III) and you've been curious, here you are.

Q: I want to come to Part III, B., but need to know how much it costs. I'm not sure what we will do in Part III, but having been to the teleworkshop and the Retreat, I know it will be what I want, so count me in. I just need to know how to schedule the payment. Signed, E.

Hi E.

The cost is $1200 (25% of the original which had so much interaction that I couldn't do it that way again. It was time well spent: I learned how to teach what people in Part III needed to know and have now streamlined and automated much of it.)

The full cost doesn't have to be paid up front anymore (though my bookkeeper would very much like you to pay half for starters). You're the grad of a WriteSpeak retreat, so I know you're a serious student and won't duck out when you get scared. Usually, when you pay the whole fee in advance, it helps offset resistance (in this case, also known as Fear of Success)and keeps you going. I trust you to understand how important this is and to keep going no matter what.

I haven't had much opportunity to explain all the parts of Part III, including the final segment which is interactive and includes a group of people you will want to hang out with (including me) so let me answer questions you didn't ask, but might want to know.

I have more than one reason for letting everyone pay off the rest of the fee each month: it will provide a background for you to become familiar with subscription sites -- that is sites that automatically send you information and charge you each month. I've now seen a number of different subscription sites (joined a few of them myself) and I can see what makes a first-rate site. It's got a lot to do with great content, but even more, a first-rate subscription site is a community. A real one. And that's something that can't be faked.

There are 4 segments to Part III. The final segment takes place in the closed forum on my bulletin board. It's relatively small but it's been active for almost two years, and is wonderful. I've been adding threads for almost three years -- everything I know from my own experience, and everything I learn, as soon as I learn it. And I'm not the only one adding information. The forum is made up mostly of successful WriteSpeak graduates, many of whom are breaking ground (with our support) and showing us the many new ways a WriteSpeaker can bring in income. The membership includes guest members who know the ropes in their own fields. I've seen them in action and invited them in. I like them very much. None of them are there to advertise themselves. They want to be in the community. And I don't blame them.

A subscription site, at its best, doesn't have hundreds or thousands of members, but it has enough experienced members (and explorers) to make sure that almost any information a writer-speaker needs is available. And the people in the community really want to help each other members. They brake for questions just like I do -- and just like you do.

LET ME EXPLAIN THE SCHEDULE OF PART III

IIIa gets the machinery rolling re your content for your book and energy for your speaking. You'll get small, easy-to-do assignments to get you moving fast. They're a lot of fun, and they're over before you know it. Then we'll slow down, take a look at your growing pile of pages (Writing Without Writing) and devote some time to making you fall in love with organizing your material. The whole time you'll be doing the usual FAQs plus FAQ2s and FAQ3s. (FYI, FAQ3s basically get you ready to use a format like WriteSpeak Part I - the teleworkshop.)

When the learning curve for IIIa ends and the book process is humming along in the background, you'll move to IIIb.

IIIb works on setting you up as an expert -- which you may (or may not) already realize you are. It includes a filled-out website that functions as a first-class press kit (including testimonials, clients, etc.) and features your book preview, complete with table of contents, sample chapters, and extensive index. When you've completed this segment, you'll be ready to let the world know you exist so they can beat a path to your doorstep.

IIIc works on making you well known. In it you'll be learning the skills and setting up the ongoing schedule that creates 'Buzz.' Buzz will send the world to your website and your weblog, as well as following you on Twitter, friending you on Facebook, contacting you via LinkedIn and subscribing to your channel on YouTube.

When you've completed IIIc, you'll be ready to learn how to be successful financially.

IIId (which takes place in the closed forum described above) is all about bringing in income. I'll teach what I've learned through my long career, such as how to create a really good mailing list and write a newsletter people want to read, how I run my retreats and public TV specials, my Coaching Master Class, subscription sites, forums et al. But I'm far from the only teacher in the forum. We have some grads rocketing ahead and guest professionals that are using (and teaching us) new technologies I'm just learning myself.

You join this forum when you've completed all the the assignments and requirements. From that time on, you will belong to this community.

A more typical subscription site requires that you continue to pay monthly. But once you've done your work and finished paying the original fee, you're in the community with no further payments. You will have earned the right to be there, to get support and assistance, to share what you've learned with others and to keep up with the latest developments for as long as you wish. The most generous and helpful people I know are in this community. You'll be one of them.

There you are. I've finally described WriteSpeak Part III. I love FAQs. So glad you asked, E.

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. That is a great description! How long is each part? And how much time is it likely to take to complete the work in each of the four parts?

    ReplyDelete